These are mostly not required. They supplement material covered in class.
- Interview with Kristin Lauter on the use of homomorphic encryption for genetic information.
- Wiki page on Learning with Errors (which can be used for homomorphic encryption)
- Wiki page on homomorphic encryption
OTR, Whatsapp, etc.
- Wiki on Signal software
- WhatsApp is now end-to-end (Techcrunch, April 2016).
- WhatsApp Encryption Overview (technical white paper)
- Double Ratchet Algorithm wiki
- Advanced cryptographic ratcheting (blog)
- Curve25519 wiki
- Socialist millionaires problem (wiki)
- The Noise Protocol
- Koblitz’s book pages 118-124.
- Sudoku and Zero Knowledge proofs
Beyond the lectures
- Diffie and Hellman will the Turing Award 2016. See also the ACM announcement.
- An Interview with Martin Hellman, 2004
- Inside the Artificial Intelligence Revolution: A Special Report, Rolling Stones, 2016
- Mathematicians Discover patterns in the final digits of consecutive primes, Quanta 2016
- High-severity bug in OpenSSL (Ars Technica, Jan 2016)